Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Countdown continues... Friday is my last day at work, I think Sparky will get initiated this weekend. I'm in the process of cleaning out my office, traumatizing coworkers with my messiness. I move into my SU office tomorrow; I don't really need it yet, but it's so unbearably hot in our apartment that I can't get any reading done. I can't decide if I want my own office w/ not windows (an old photo lab) or whether I want to share an office w/ a window.

I'm also trying to convince Aaron that we need to buy a laptop. I wonder if he'll notice if I just come home with one some day...

The combining of finances is an interesting pursuit. I have found myself spending more money than I should lately, for two reasons. Reason one is that I'm about to have no income; some people would take this a reason to save money, but I, in my infinite foolishness, look at it as a last hoorah. I just checked a calculator that compares military pay to civilian pay (http://www.dod.mil/cgi-bin/rmc.pl). Although I only get taxed on $29,000 a year, this thing tells me I make the equivalent of $52,000 in the civilian world. Damn, this is going to be painful.

Reason two is that soon Aaron will be able to see everything that I put on a credit card. I'm not too terrible, but it's going to take me time to ease back into the student lifestyle. I talked to a lot of happily married friends, and everyone recommended financial clarity, nothing hidden between us. Sheesh.

Okay, time to do work (kind of.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Bridget said...

Get a shared office with a window. You will feel so alone with no officemate and so trapped-in-a-dungeon with no window...

4:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home