Thursday, October 12, 2006

I have five minutes, how much can I say.

First off, let me just say that one reason I have to post is that I feel like I must give Bridget something to read. And if she can find time to post, I'm sure I can, because I know she's one busy gal.

Secondly, I am knee deep in PhD applications. It's overwhelming! I haven't felt this way since applying to undergrad, oh so many years ago (9 years!!). Schools all over the place, and all of them I have to beg for some sort of early decision or general indication. We'll see how receptive they are.

I'm leading a field trip on Saturday to Robert Treman state park in Ithaca. 150 students. So nervewracking! I have fully accepted that it will be complete chaos, and have decided to ignore my impending doom. When the time comes, I will simply hold my nose and jump in the cold water.

Head TA is pretty cool, all in all. It's nice that I'm getting to know all the professors so well. Not that it comes with any respect from my peers, but respect from professors is always nice.

Okay, my five minutes is up. Off to hear Orrin Pilkey talk. Two crazy speakers in two days, this what makes geology fantastic.

aj

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home